created by Michelle Morissette
People celebrated life and birth ______________________ before they even heard of Jesus Christ.
2) Winter ______________is on December 21st.
3) The symbol of life in the Norse tradition was ______________
4) The Norse used logs on the fire as a sign of ____________________
5) The Romans held a three month celebration called ______________________
6) Saturn was the Roman god of _____________________
7) The Roman Sun god was called ________________
8) ________________was the holiest day of the year in Rome.
9) During the first century A.D., Christian and ______________ traditions began to conflict with each other.
10) The Bible clearly states when Christ was born.
11) The Christinas chose December 25th to celebrate the birth of Christ because it was ___________________
12) Christmas Day was officially chosen as Christ's birth day in _____________
13) The Christians kept many of the pagan traditions for the celebration of Christ's nativity because they liked them.
14) Early Christians considered the use of evergreens cdecorated with apples as a symbol of _____________
15) The origins of Santa Claus come from _______________, which had a well loved bishop named Nicholas.
16) On December 6th _________________ gave toys to good children and punished bad children.
17) In Holland Santa Claus was called ___________
18) The idea of Santa Claus only came to the United States in ____________
19) The Santa Claus we know today came from a poem called Twas the ________________
20) The first picture of "Santa Claus" was appeared in ___________
21) Today, most people associate Christmas with ________________