Grammar explanation: English, Spanish
COMPLETE THE ADJECTIVES USING THE COMPARATIVE FORM
1. It´s too noisy here. Can we go to a (quiet) place?
2. The hotel was (big) than that in which we stayed last year.
3. Your work is (good) than mine.
4. The accident could have been (bad) than it was.
5. I was (nervous) in my exam yesterday than Mark.
6. I´d like to have a (fast) car. The one I have now is really old.
7. Last week it was really hot. Today is (cold) than then.
WHICH IS CORRECT?
1. We have an brother who lives in Miami.
2. Her illness is than what the doctors expected.
3. I like warm weather. If the weather is , I feel ill.
4. This dress is than that.
5. He is than Arthur.
6. This road is than the motorway.
7. Was the TV programme than the film?
COMPLETE THE SENTENCES USING THE SUPERLATIVE FORM OF THE ADJECTIVES
1. It´s a very nice house. It´s house in the street.
2. This is a cheap restaurant. It´s I´ve ever been.
3. It was a very valuable painting. I´m sure it was painting in the gallery.
4. She´s a very good tennis player. Her trainer says she is .
5. He´s a very dangerous criminal. The police says he is in the country.
6. We should buy him a beautiful present. Last year we gave him gift of all in his birthday.
4. WRITE THE COMPARATIVE OR SUPERLATIVE FORM OF THE ADJECTIVES IN THESE SENTENCES
1. She was a very intelligent student. She was girl in her class.
2. It´s a very old castle. Experts argued it is in Britain.
3. I´m going to sleep on the sofa. The floor is (uncomfortable) than it.
4. This new job is (important) for me than the last I had.
5. Living in the countryside is (healthy) than leaving in town.
6. These instructions were (difficult) ones I have ever read.