- Before you listen, read each line OUT LOUD and try to fill in the blanks with the correct word.
- Use common sense and your knowledge of sentence structure. For example, what kind of word is missing, a noun, verb, adjective etc.?
- Pay attention to the words and think about words that naturally go together - expressions you already know, or have heard.
- Trust yourself. You know more than you think - especially if you read the sentences OUT LOUD
Watch and listen as many times as you need to. Then fill in the missing words. Check to see if your guesses in part 1 were correct.
I don't a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I
I don't care about the
underneath the Christmas
I don't need to hang my
there upon the
Santa Claus won't me happy
with a on Christmas Day
I just want you for my
more than you ever know
Make my wish come
All I want for Christmas is you
Oh I won't for much this Christmas
I won't even wish for
And I'm just gonna keep on
I won't make aand send it
to the Northfor Saint Nick
I won't even stay to
hear those magic reindeer
'Cause I just you here tonight
holding on to me so
What can I do?
Baby all I for Christmas is you
Oh all the lights are
and the of children's
laughter fills the
And everyone is
I hear those sleigh bells
Santa won't you me the one I really need?
Won't you bring my baby to me?
Oh I don't a lot for Christmas
This is all I'm for
I just want to see my baby
right outside my door
Oh I just want you for my
more than you could ever
Make my wish come
Baby all I want for is
All I want for Christmas is baby
All I for Christmas is you baby
All I want for is you baby
- What do you want for Christmas? Why?
- What is the best Christmas gift you have ever received? The worst? Tell what happened?
- Which would you appreciate more, a gift that someone made for you, or an expensive store-bought gift?
- Do you think people spend too much on Christmas? Why or why not?
- How much should people spend?
- Do you think families and couples should set a specific limit on how much each person spends on Christmas? How much should it be?
- What are the best gifts children, teenagers can get for their parents?
- Has shopping for Christmas taken all the joy out of Christmas and simply added stress? Why or why not? How could this situation be changed, improved?