1) Click on the box that represents the missing word. A dropdown will appear, giving you two choices- two words that sound the same (or similar) when they are spoken. Click on the word needed to complete the sentence.(a) In winter, the Irish can be very stormy.
(b) "Have you the 'Harry Potter' books?"
(c) The Sheffield industry was famous all over the world.
(d) course do you think you'll choose?
(e) Use self raising flour for making cakes and flour for Yorkshire pudding.
2) Click on the circle next to the word you think is the correct choice for this sentence.
What's __________ favourite film?
5) Click on the box that represents the missing word. A dropdown will appear, giving you two choices- two words that sound the same (or similar) when they are spoken. Click on the word needed to complete the sentence.(a) I don't know why so worried- I'm sure it will be fine.
(b) I know she didn't that money and I can prove her innocence.
(c) His favourite colours are and orange.
6) The same word is missing from all three of these sentences. Click the box containing the correct word.
He could ______ gone to Spain on holiday, but he decided to stay at home and get a job instead.
Jaz now felt that he should ______ done the course he had wanted to do instead of the course that he believed would lead to a better paid job.
At school, we had to play sports like tennis and netball, but I think I would ______ preferred to play football.
7) Some of the following sentences contain the correct homophone, but some have the wrong homophone.
Click on all the sentences that use the correct homophone (leave the sentences with the wrong homophone.) Three sentences are correct and the other three are wrong.
8) (a) The ducks swam through the water .
(b) Is that animal a rabbit or a ?
(c) Prince Charles is the to the throne.