You can now import questions into Learnclick or export Learnclick quizzes. We use the Moodle XML format. See documentation.
We chose the Moodle XML format because it’s well-documented and works well with our quizzes. And it has the advantage that there already exist a number of converters with which you can convert your questions to Moodle XML.
Exporting your quiz questions does not only serve as a way to backup your questions, but it can be also used if you want to reuse some quiz questions you created in another quiz. You can check which questions you want to export and then you can import those into your new quiz (where you can re-order them).
So you created many quizzes inside Moodle and would now like to use them in your WordPress blog? The solution I’m giving you here won’t actually import the quizzes into WordPress, but into learnclick.com and you can then embed them using an iframe (note that this solution only works if you’re self-hosting your blog, not on wordpress.com as they don’t allow iframes).
- Export your questions in Moodle: https://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Export_questions
Make sure you choose the file format “Moodle XML format”.
- In Learnclick click on “Create a Quiz” and then choose Import Questions.
- Follow the instructions for embedding your quiz into WordPress. You will need to install the iFrame plugin. When pasting the iframe code into your WordPress code you will need to change the angle brackets <> into square brackets [ ].
With Learnclick you can also create usernames and have the answers recorded.
Zondle was a great website for creating classroom games and assessments. Sadly, as it often happens with free products, they closed down.
If your’re looking for an alternative, we suggest you give www.learnclick.com a chance. Learnclick has many different types of quiz questions, you will especially like the option to add drag & drop questions (see an example quiz). To make your quizzes more interesting, add images, audio and videos (see our help on multimedia). The best part are the detailed reports you get for assessments.
Learnclick offers an option to import questions and soon you will be able to export questions too.
To try it out, go to learnclick.com and login with the following credentials:
We can create a quiz app for you that has your own logo and branding. We will create both an Android and an iOS app for one price. You create the quizzes online at www.learnclick.com using your Pro account. When we create the app for you, those quizzes will be included inside the app and will run offline. That is, they will be available for all users immediately after they download your app. New quizzes will be automatically downloaded when a user opens the app. You can also create a login area for quizzes that you only want to allow your students to access.
- Curso Blue is a Brazilian company that teaches English. They created an app (currently only available for Android) for their customers as well as for advertising their material to people who discover their website. You can download the app here: Curso Blue App
- Lernen mit Spass is a German website that provides homework help (mostly for free). Their quiz app provides a convenient way for pupils to practice French and English. They integrated a small ad that links to a paid service for practicing conjugating French verbs. You can download the Android and iPhone/iPad apps here: Lernen mit Spass Übungs-App
These are the steps to take in order to create your own quiz app:
- Sign up as a Pro Member at www.learnclick.com
- Create some quizzes and make sure you check “Allow download to mobile app” under the “Visible To” app.
- Download the Learnclick App to any iOS or Android device that you own. This will demonstrate how your quizzes will appear. They will look basically the same in your app as they do in our Learnclick app, except that it will be with your logo and branding. This is the moment for you to make corrections or improvements to the appearance of your quiz using our website (not the app) and then check the result by opening the app again (fresh download).
- The first time you use the Learnclick app, you will have to sign in with your ID to see the quizzes you have created. But when people first open your app they won’t have to do that. Even when you add new questions, the app will be identified on the Learnclick server as yours and download them automatically.
- Contact us and let us know you are planing to create an app.
- We will send you an invoice (USD 250.–) for creating the apps. Please let us know if you want only one app platform (either Android or iOS), as we give a small discount.
- We will ask you to send us your logo and a short description for the “About” popup.
- We will generate the app with your quizzes. We will send you an apk file that can be installed on an Android device.
- For uploading the app on the Google Play store they currently ask for a one time fee of USD $25.– (see Google Play Publishing)
Publishing the app on Apple App store is not only more expensive (USD 99.–/year, see Apple Developer Program), but also a bit more complicated, as you need to use XCode or the Application Loader and therefore need to own a Mac. So we’re happy to do the upload to the Apple Store for you (you will need to share your credentials with us). Create an Apple developer account here: Enroll
A few months ago we asked some of our clients the following question(s): “What makes learnclick.com unique? Why did you choose our product?” We thought you might find the answers useful for deciding if learnclick.com is something you could use:
- Real customer service
The reporting is key to formative assessments and reteaching
The help pages are actually useful
- It has lots of functions – all that I need, it’s constantly updated, quizzes can be embedded into my site, I can see statistics.
- I can create different types of quizzes.
I can add explanations to each answer.
I can create PDF from my quiz and give it to students during classes.
- am a teacher of special needs young adults and created our own curriculum for our program. Your program allowed me to customize assessments and assignments with the added feature of scoring them and keeping the data for me. This has been absolutely huge for us and for me personally.
I love the fact that I can customize work for our students, the program is user friendly, and the support has been great as well.
- I give my students a lot of assessments at the beginning of each year, and this really streamlines the process so I don’t have to grade them all by hand.
- It is the easiest way to make a fill in the blank activity online
- Because of the simple creation of drag and drop exercises
- I wanted to find a way to give vocabulary quizzes with drag and drop.
Quizzes help teachers to assess if what they instructed has been understood by their students. The advantages of creating quizzes online are many:
1) The answers get stored online. The teacher can immediately see which students completed the quiz. Teachers do not lose time in going around the classroom physically checking in homework.
2) Teachers can quickly compare the given answers and see in what areas students are successful and in what areas they have demonstrated learning gaps.
3) It saves time grading and the student can immediately see if his answer was correct or not. One can also add an explanation to the quiz question which appears after the student answered the question.
4) Students can retake a practice quiz as often as they want and can see if they improved their score.
5) One can add images, sound and videos to an online quiz and of course save paper.
For doing all this, learnclick.com provides an easy to use, yet powerful quiz creator. Its strength comes into play when creating fill in the gap quizzes. There are several gap-filling options: a simple blank field, a dropdown menu or by using drag & drop boxes. Of course you can also add multiple choice or essay questions. The given answers can be compared very quickly with Learnclick’s statistics and grades feature.
We’ve heard from many people that they are facing the problem with many quiz creators that they can’t do right-to-left quiz questions. Learnclick solves this now. We added the symbol right-to-left:
This works for gap-filling questions, as well as drag & drop, dropdowns, etc.
If something doesn’t work as expected, please let us know. We’d be happy to improve this or help you.
You can now install our iPad or Android app to download quizzes you created with learnclick.com. Not only is an app convenient as you only need to login once, but since your quizzes get downloaded to your mobile phone or tablet, you can practice anywhere you are, even if you don’t have internet access. If you are a teacher, you can share the quizzes with your students and they can then login to the app with the usernames you created inside learnclick.com for them. The app might motivate them to practice more often!
These are the type of quiz questions that also work inside the app:
– fill in the blanks
– dropdown lists
– drag & drop
– multiple choice
Learn more about our app and download it here: http://www.learnclick.com/site/app
We now have a free feature at learnclick.com: You can use our advanced quiz maker to create professional looking printable pdf worksheets! Just login with the demo account (username and password are both “demo”).
After you finished creating a quiz, click on the button “Show Quiz”. Then you will see the link to “Generate a PDF file” at the top right of the quiz you created.
Here is an example screenshot of a pdf worksheet created with our quiz creator:
See here for how it looks like when creating the pdf: http://www.learnclick.com/images/create.png
Let us know if the generated pdf files don’t turn out as you would like them too. We are always open to suggestions.